WELCOME TO LIGHTSPEED HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC. THE LEADERS IN TECH RECRUITMENT:
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is considered a global leader in the recruitment of top Sales Engineers, Technical Sales (Pre/Post), Support, Marketing, Product Management and Product Marketing candidates in the Networking space. In the past year, the Lightspeed Recruiting team has delivered top level candidates for the clients considered BEST IN CLASS including award winners – focusing on Enterprise Networking, Security, SDN/NFV, Virtualization, Archiving, Storage and Mobility solutions worldwide. Our candidates have repeatedly been the TOP candidates in Sales Achievement, Leadership and Business Excellence. How we do know? Our clients call to Thank Us a Year after placements are made…this is success.
TO APPLY: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Lightspeedhcm/743999680979849-sales-engineer-service-provider-denver
CLIENT INDUSTRY: Network Security/Cloud Security
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager of Sales Engineering
TITLE: Sales Engineer
NA Service Provider sales team is seeking a sales engineering professional with industry-leading skills and experience to provide direct daily on-site expert solution and technical consultation at our Major Client’s Denver, CO headquarters.
This position is the technical complement working in close conjunction with the Regional Sales Director, NA SP (RSD). Together they oversee the overarching strategy in preserving present and future revenue and product satisfaction. This is an individual contributor role with accountability into multiple functional groups. It reports to the Sr. Manager of Sales Engineering, North America Service Providers. Candidate is ideally local to the Denver, CO area and willing to travel up to 30% (mainly to HQ in Santa Clara, CA).
- Serve as our Major Account’s primary “go-to” technical trusted advisor. MUST take immediate proactive, aggressive ownership of all network solutions, designs, and proposals that match the strengths of our products to the needs of our Major Client. Solutions should jointly address both their technical and business objectives as well as future growth. Candidate must demonstrate command of timelines, dependencies, and key factors for success in every facet of solution delivery.
- Develop or adapt existing test plans to validate proposed designs and features. Experience utilizing a laboratory environment is highly desired, i.e. using traffic generation tools (Ixia, Spirent) and packet capture tools (Wireshark). Candidate must also collaborate with Engineering System Test and Quality Assurance teams at HQ. THIS IS A CRITICAL
Component of the Role:
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional groups (outside of Sales) dedicated to Client’s success. This includes the CTO office and its associated Fellows, Product Line Management (PLM), Principal SEs, Customer Success Managers, Resident Engineers, and Support Engineers. Serve as a central arm in terms of driving technical success.
- Collaborate with CTO office, PLM, and Engineering to develop features and solutions as required to meet our Client’s needs both present and future. Anticipate our Client’s needs by applying industry knowledge with an entrepreneurial spirit. Candidate must demonstrate a track record of technical creativity and thought leadership with respect to solution development and problem solving.
- Strong ability to produce design and Method of Procedure documentation (Visio, Word, customer provided tooling). SE must clearly describe a proposed network solution in enough detail so that our Client understands both the technical and business benefits. Prospective candidate must provide samples of former design and MOP materials.
- Coordinate with support and resident engineers for trouble ticket resolution as needed.
- Manage critical administrative tasks:
o Customer feature requests o Perform periodic “bug scrub” research (as releases become available)
o Oversee topology design discussions
- Perform in-depth and technical presentations as needed. Must possess highly persuasive speaking skills with conviction.
- Provide mentorship/guidance to our Client’s staff in terms of technical training, education, or use case configuration.
- Obtain technical training as needed to maintain technical impact
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a technical area (CS/EE); or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience in a Pre-Sales or Consulting Engineer role in a mobile telecommunications environment.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, LTE/4G, 3G, VoLTE, IMS, and SIP/RTP as it relates to mobile technology.
- Working knowledge of current virtualization technology landscape. Openstack/KVM/OVS is highly desirable.
- Efficient project and time management skills.
- Highly effective technical presentation skills a must.
- Comfortable with technical and business English usage and tools (document reading, e-mails, conference calls, WebEx, Powerpoint, Word).
- Excellent command of English language, both spoken and written.
- Fast learner; quick to understand; ability to capture complex concepts with expediency
- Must be resourceful and willing to take leadership role if necessary to drive resolution.
- MUST work autonomously; resourceful; self-motivated problem solver
- Willing to contribute / participate on specific projects, scheduled tasks, or unforeseen trouble issues outside of normal business hours to provide subject matter expertise.
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is a global leader in international recruitment services, specializing in Network Optimization, Service Assurance, Security, OSS/BSS, and SDN/NFV within the telecom space. Lightspeed works with leading clients in the technology sector and is always looking for exceptional candidates searching for their next opportunity. If this sounds like you, connect with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter @talentxfactor, and visit our website www.talentxfactor.com.