As a Senior Sales Engineer you will be the technical side of the Sales team, both an expert and visionary in the field. You will be responsible for educating customers, understanding their technical & business issues, managing their deployment and development projects, providing support, and helping to develop and refine its innovative solutions. You must have strong communication skills for customer presentations, industry events and providing a feedback loop to Product Management.
- Analyze customer network infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate our solution’s unique capabilities
- Work independently to evaluate prospective customers’ networks and deliver the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, proposed operational evolution and associated process management
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering to resolve technical issues that arise during customer testing and demo creation
- Create compelling test plans, demos, and customer presentations
- Drive improved testing, demos, deployment, architecture, monitoring and reports leading to compelling pre-sales support for sales organization
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of performance testing
- Work with customer success team during onboarding process
A strong technical knowledge of datacenter networking is crucial as is hands-on experience with automation as it relates to networking devices
.• BS degree in engineering, computer science or similar relevant field or equivalent
• Deep technical knowledge of datacenter network architecture, SDN, and large-scale private cloud networks. Knowledge of IBNS is a plus.
• Experience with network technologies (routing, switching, automation, systems management, troubleshooting and architecture) including knowledge from the application layer down to the physical layer
• Proficiency in configuration and troubleshooting common network vendor solutions with Cisco, Arista, Cumulus, Juniper and Snaproute a plus
• Knowledge of automation technologies including Ansible playbooks, Chef recipes, Puppet, Python scripting and JSON programming is preferred
• Experience using network management and troubleshooting tools
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills